With my book officially released!, many of you have asked how you can support me. Of course, there’s the obvious…
- Please buy the book! 😊
…but, there are many things you can do to support authors that are just as important and won’t cost you a cent!
- Write a review – Once you have read the book, take a few minutes to sit down and write a thoughtful review on Amazon, Goodreads and/or Barnes and Noble. It doesn’t need to be long and you can copy and paste between websites. The number of ratings and reviews a book receives helps the book become more visible on booksellers’ websites. You can write reviews on Amazon even if you have NOT purchased the book there.
- Request the book at your local library – Many libraries have online forms you can fill out to request a book. Requests will prompt libraries to purchase books. Additionally, if you prefer not to purchase the book you can still support me and enjoy it by borrowing a copy from your library.
- Check the book out at your local library – Even if you have purchased the book, libraries will only keep books on their shelves that are being checked out, so please visit your local library and enjoy some books!
- Request the book at your local bookseller – Even if you have already purchased a book, requesting it at your local bookseller can help prompt them to purchase the book for their shelves.
- Turn the book face-out – If you are in a bookstore, do a little remodelling. Reshelve the book so the cover is face out—more eye–catching to a potential buyer or reader.
- Add the book to your Goodreads list – It’s all about exposure. Letting your Goodreads’ friends know about a book you are interested in will help spread the word.
- Social Media – Subscribe to an author’s newsletter. It’s a great way to get updates about their books, speaking engagements and any upcoming projects. Follow them on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Literary agents and publishers look at the number of followers an author has and unfortunately some won’t publish an author’s manuscript if they don’t have a significant following/platform.
- Give the book as a gift – Okay, this one will cost you money…
- Nominate a book – There are many book contests that are reader driven. Nominating a book for one of these contests will help increase the book’s exposure. Of course, vote for it once it is nominated.
- Spread the word – If you like the book, tell your friends and colleagues. Post about it on your own social media.
- Attend the author’s book signing – It will mean the world to me to have you at my book launch party hosted by the West Bloomfield Town Hall on May 22 starting at 6:00. You can bring pre-ordered/purchased books with you and I will be happy to autograph them. Also, the main character (my son Josh) is flying in from Colorado for the event and will be there to autograph books. Additionally, books will be available at the event for purchase.
Thanks to all my family and friends for their support and encouragement during this incredible journey!
I am so grateful!